Moore Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer laser therapy as a progressive new option for our clients who want the safest and least painful treatment option for their pets. Commonly used in human health care, laser technology is a proven option with a wide range of applications. Additionally, we utilize laser technology in surgeries to reduce complications and ensure quick recovery.
We utilize laser therapy in our post-surgical routines in order to help the wound heal properly. The therapeutic laser increases the number of white blood cells in the skin and cause it to heal more quickly. It’s a quick and painless procedure where our technicians hold the laser over the skin for prescribed amounts of time. Our technology does not cause any damage to the skin and causes no pain to your pet.
Only recently have veterinarians begun turning to laser surgery and our team is proud to be on the cutting edge of advanced animal care. In many cases, laser surgery can be extremely beneficial over traditional surgery and your veterinarian can discuss with you whether laser surgery is the best option for your pet.
Significant Benefits of Laser Surgery Procedures
- Less pain – Laser surgery seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue and, as a result, your pet will feel less pain after surgery.
- Less bleeding – Laser surgery seals small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less bleeding and quicker procedures.
- Less swelling – Using laser technology, only light comes into contact with the tissue, causing minimal swelling.
- Extreme precision – The laser enables your surgeon to only affect or remove the target tissue, leaving the healthy surrounding tissue untouched.
- Reduced risk of infection – The high heat of laser energy kills bacteria and micro-organisms as it moves through diseased areas, thereby reducing the chance of an infection.
- Quick recovery – For all of the above reasons, your pet is likely to feel less discomfort after surgery and return home to normal activities more quickly.
Recommended Procedures for Laser Surgery
- Spaying and neutering
- Tumor removal
- Skin tag removal
- Cyst removal
- Soft palate procedures
- Gingival and dental surgery