A Brief History of Our Practice
1919 – Dr. Harold Nurse graduated veterinary school after WWI. He stayed in Ontario as a large animal vet.
1936 – Moore Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1936 by Dr. Charlie Moore.
1945 – Dr. Harold Nurse’s two sons, Howard and Grey, returned from WWII and started attending veterinary school during the day, and finished their high school courses at night.
1966 – Dr. Moore made the decision to retire and sold his practice to the two brothers from Ontario, Dr. Howard Nurse and Dr. Grey Nurse.
1975 – The practice was growing too big for the current space, so a new building was built and the veterinary hospital moved from Detroit to St. Clair Shores.
1986 – Dr. Richard Nurse, Dr. Howard Nurse’s son, bought the veterinary hospital.
2001 – The Governor of Michigan acknowledged the Moore Veterinary Hospital for 65 years in business.
2018 – Dr. Richard Nurse, supported by three more doctors, continues to provide some of the best veterinary care in the area and grow the practice.