At Moore Veterinary Hospital, we recognize and appreciate the competence and professionalism of our doctors and technicians, office personnel and support staff, without whose efforts the hospital could not function as it does.
We look to promote high standards for all hospital staff, and to work together as a team to achieve these standards. MVH has an excellent reputation for quality patient care. This reputation has developed through the individual efforts of each employee to help each patient and client to the best of his or her ability.
Moore Veterinary Hospital undergoes a comprehensive evaluation of its facility, medical equipment, and practice methods by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) on a regular basis. Only 10% of all veterinary facilities in the United States are AAHA members. Members are required to keep up to date on advances in veterinary medicine through continuing education programs and publications. Moore Veterinary Hospital has been a member since 1955.
Richard D. Nurse, D.V.M.
Moore Veterinary Hospital
1919 - Dr. Harold Nurse graduated veterinary school after WWI. He stayed in Ontario as a large animal vet.
1936 - Moore Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1936 by Dr. Charlie Moore.
1945 - Dr. Harold Nurse’s two sons, Howard and Grey, returned from WWII and started attending veterinary school during the day, and finished their high school courses at night.
1966 - Dr. Moore made the decision to retire and sold his practice to the two brothers from Ontario, Dr. Howard Nurse and Dr. Grey Nurse.
1975 - The practice was growing too big for the current space, so a new building was built and the veterinary hospital moved from Detroit to St. Clair Shores.
1986 - Dr. Richard Nurse, Dr. Howard Nurse’s son, bought the veterinary hospital.
2001 - The Governor of Michigan acknowledged the Moore Veterinary Hospital for 65 years in business.
2018 - Dr. Richard Nurse, supported by three more doctors, continues to provide some of the best veterinary care in the area and grow the practice.